Friday, November 27, 2009

On being an optimist

I was asked the other day what it takes to be a rebooter. I think the single most important requirement is optimism.

An optimist has a strong sense that whatever path he or she takes, it’s going to work out fine. Part of the reason, I believe, is that an optimistic person works harder at making things turn out right than a pessimist. When you are sure things are going to hell, they usually do. I don’t know what the actual correlation is, but my instinct tells me it’s a strong one.

It takes more courage to be an optimist when the going is tough. I was moved to look up some quotes on optimism. Here are the best ones I’ve found so far:

For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else. – Winston Churchill.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. –Helen Keller.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill.

I’m not suggesting that being an optimist will land you a job. But I would suggest that pessimism is a less effective option!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]